Toulouse at Bath time

Discussion in 'Geese' started by floridaquilter, Aug 1, 2010.

1. floridaquilter

floridaquilter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2010
    Crescent City, FL
    since my geese would fight and not share at bathtime I had to set up three separate tubs for them. I bought cement mixer tubs at Lowe's for around $12.
    [​IMG]

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Too cute....... [​IMG]

3. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    Do you consider those to be Dewlaps or just a simple Toulouse. My geese sold to me to be Dewlap Toulouse look very much like yours with a dewlap no more pronounced than those. I am thinking I did not get the true Dewlaps.

Mine are just over a year old. Can yours breed without having a pond or pool?

4. noahsgeese

noahsgeese Border Collie

Nov 30, 2009
    Virginia
    Those geese can get pretty spoiled!!

5. floridaquilter

Jul 31, 2010
    Crescent City, FL
    I just bought these as Toulouse but after scouring pages of pics online I see that they are considered Dewlaps but they come with all sizes of hanging folds. I am not an expert on geese but also read that domestic geese will need a water source to keep their feather wet to lay and hatch eggs....but you do not need a pond to raise geese.
    My geese were purchased full grown after losing 4 young geese (regular toulouse) to a predator. I was heartsick. These new geese were sold to me as being born this past spring..but I am doubting that. They are much larger and have an older appearance than my last babies.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  6. floridaquilter

Jul 31, 2010
    Crescent City, FL
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by