Toulouse dewlap geese and sebastopol geese

bettyann53

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 10, 2013
HI folks, I'm new to this site and I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate around it. I wanted to tell somebody about Toulouse dewlaps and I ended-up here so I hope I'm in the right place. I raise both of these breeds and love them both. I had some babies that that were a cross of these two and they are really nice. Thanks, Betty

Hi Betty, nice to meet you. I don't have geese,yet, I have 2 eggs incubating due to hatch any minute.lol
We have chickens, turkeys,goats, a zoo!
Welcome to BYC, poke around a bit and get to know the folks. :)

Thank you for the welcome! Geese are fun to watch and seem to protect my other birds. I am still looking around the site to see what I can find. Thanks again!

Dewlaps are so gorgeous! You can't just tell us about your birds and not plan to show pics, right? I think we should honestly have a dedicated thread for them...They're not easy to come across.

I hatched some of my own a couple months ago, and they're just the sweetest birds I've ever had. I know all babies are sweet, but they're two months old and still asking to be petted and held...I couldn't say the same for my embden hens, who very quickly grew tired of being cuddled (I love them anyways, even if they did literally concuss me during breeding season).

The dewlaps are pretty special. They are gentle giants and you're right there aren't that many around. Unfortunately, I live in an area where nobody seems to know what they are so everybody wants to buy them VERY cheap. I usually tell people to look all birds up on line and see if this is what they want. These are BIG birds.

I think the dedicated thread is a good idea. I hope your head is feeling better from getting hit by the goose. Have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom