Toulouse Geese- Hi I'm Chaz8465,

chaz8465

In the Brooder
Jan 18, 2018
my husband ordered 2 last year, we picked them up June 8th. They have done well since we brought them home. Everyyear we have honkers that come and have babies on our pond. The honkers and their babies introduced them to our two geese last summer when they came in the yard and visited them at their pool. When the honkers left ours did fine, the honkers then came back this wall, 21 left and 21 returned.... our geese and honkers go to the pond together and sleep on pond together.
We have one gander and one female. The gander (Gomer)I think found him a honker girl friend as he doesn't
pay any attention to our female (trouble) anymore, he spends all his time running around strutting
his stuff!! at first trouble didn't seem to care, but the last couple of days she seems withdrawn and comes to the house and won't even go out the pond with them, I'm going to put her in the goose house tonight because when it got dark she wouldn't go out to pond. does this sound normal for a goose that is being ignored or do i need to be concerned she's sick?

G’Day from down under Chaz8465 :frow Welcome!

Sorry, I know nothing about Geese but you might want to try posting on the
Geese Forum.

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your geese, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Welcome aboard to BYC family gr8 people tons of information, loads of fun, enjoy shake your tail feathers :frow:wee:woot:thumbsup:ya
wchz013welcomepathway4x8__49715.1408377410.300.300.jpg
:welcome:bun:jumpy:highfive::caf:pop

Back
Top Bottom