Toulouse Goose eggs?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenlover222, May 20, 2010.

1. chickenlover222

chickenlover222 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2009
    Brown Summit
    I cant find anybody that has any goose eggs. I've looked on Craigslist everyday and I have also posted ads but no responds, just scams. I have asked around and haven't found anybody who has any. I just recently had a goose that i got from this lady and it had a messed up joint, i was helping her learn how to walk because she couldn't. She was obviously raised in a bad environment, well i was getting attached to her but the other day i walked in the room that i had her in and found her dead. I had her in a 50 gallon water tub with straw and stuff so she could stay separated, somehow she got out of it and hit the boards i had up blocking the wholes so the baby chicks couldnt get in the wholes in the wall,and they fell on top of her and killed her. I cried once i saw it. As i thought about it, i enjoyed having a goose and now want some goose eggs to hatch but cant seem to find anybody with them, Any suggestions? I don't want to order them from a magazine or hatchery, i would like to get them from somewhere close. I live in Greensboro. I most prefer Toulouse goose eggs. I want a dozen of them.

2. Bawk Vader

Bawk Vader Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2010
    Belleview, FL (Central)
    to hear about your goose. My Lucy was an injured rescue and she has been the best. She is now sitting on some fertilized duck eggs that my ducks have laid. I would love to give her some goose eggs, but can't find any.

3. momof247371

momof247371 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    I am gettin some eggs from my toulouse , brown chinese, and embden.. 1 just hatched out 6 and i have another sitting on another nest.. ive gotten 2 eggs in 2 days and im not sure whos laying them....Could be any of them.. if your interested email me at [email protected].. I have already sent out 2 orders on here already this season.. dont know how much longer they will be laying!

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  4. hunterland

hunterland Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Manson, WA
    Quote:I have 2 mated pairs of Giant dewlap toulouse geese that will be a year old July 1. I paid 125.00 as day olds and will sell a pair for 100 + 60 for shipping. If interested call 509-881-1393, Manson, WA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by