Toulouse ?? goose Wheatridge, CO park

Discussion in 'Geese' started by coloradochick, Jun 25, 2010.

1. coloradochick

coloradochick Songster

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    There's an adult goose that has been apparently dropped off at the Prospect Park on 44th Ave in Wheatridge, Co. My DD says it's been there for a few months if not more. It's the only one amongst the Canadians. I'm assuming it's a Toulouse or Tls mix. It has pumpkin orange feet, bill, and rings around it's eyes. Fairly friendly (didn't run away, just stood there). Should we try to rescue or leave it. The park service apparently isn't concerned.

2. marathonmultiplesmom

marathonmultiplesmom Songster

Mar 23, 2010
    Chehalis, WA
    I had one of my geese fly off and join a Canadian Flock once. I guess she was born to be wild LOL. That could be the case or it could be lost or dropped off/abandoned. You should rescue it if you plan on potentially keeping this goose or rehoming it. If it stays there through December, chances are someone else will have him for dinner. I'd make a rescue attempt on any goose in Dec.

How close did you get to it? Are you sure it's not wild and won't run away?

3. coloradochick

coloradochick Songster

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    It let us get about 4 feet from it and it just stood there looking at us. I guess I'll call Wheatridge Parks and Rec and see what they say.

4. coopaloop

coopaloop In the Brooder

Dec 18, 2009
    Grand Lake
    haha. I go to that park all the time. That goose has been there for years. There used to be more and they reproduced and they were there for a couple of years. That goose that is still there is so chill. I thought about bringing him home but he seems happy where hes at.

5. coloradochick

coloradochick Songster

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Thanks coopaloop, I haven't been there for years so it was a suprise to see him/her there after my daughter said has seen him. Well, knowing he's been there for that long makes me feel a littler better but he still looked very lonely even though he's surrounded by the wild geese.

6. Arwen

Arwen In the Brooder

Jun 25, 2010
    Austin (the weird part)
    Maybe you can make friends with him and then help him relocate to a better home?

7. GooseIsLoose

GooseIsLoose Hatching

Jan 7, 2012
    I love seeing this goose at Prospect Park and I always wondered what it was. From my initial search online I thought it could be an American Buff Goose. But a Toulouse may be correct, too. Either way, I'm so glad others have seen it and find it interesting [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by