Tour de coop

Lovemy3hens

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 13, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
There's a chicken coop tour/backyard chicken show in my state. I'm so excited as this is my first chicken function. I'm also considering bringing one of my girls. Any tips on making this a pleasant experience for her?

One of your girls as in one of your chickens? Please don't. You would be exposing her to all the birds you see, as well as exposing them to her. I know that there is a great deal of emphasis on maintaining biosecurity during the Tour de Coops, and this would almost certainly violate those procedures.

If I misunderstood, and you were talking about taking your daughter, by all means do so.

My wife saw that chicken coop in the paper. Now she wants me to paint mine. It ain't gonna happen.

Rufus

It is a very pretty coop
smile.png
So if you aren't going to paint it, take her on a trip to Home Depot and buy her a paint brush and a can of paint.

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/2010/11/20/20101120phoenix-tour-de-coops-showcase.html for those interested.

We went yesterday and had a great time meeting some good people. I was inspired by some of the solutions they came up with. Two things that impressed us the most were the small, urban coops and one lady who had entered her pets in the state fair and won lots of blue ribbons! I think I'm going to go for it and enter a bird in the County Fair!

I didn't see any other coops located in HOA neighborhoods though. So far, we are the only ones like that I've come accross. Anybody else have a good experience?

Pete

My wife wants the coop painted blue. My granddaughter wants it to be red. So, for the time being, I am safe. Hopefully, they will not compromise and make me paint it striped red, white and blue.

The coop is very ghetto. It was built out of junk I found in the alley because my wife didn't want me to spend any money on those darn chickens. And now she wants me to doll it up.

Years ago, the kids wanted a swing. So I hung a tire from a tree. My wife complained about being tacky, so I painted it yellow and wrote Gucci on it. There is no pleasing some people.

Rufus

Back
Top Bottom