tour of birds at Chemung Co. Fair NY.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by aveca, Aug 5, 2009.

1. aveca

aveca Songster

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    I love to tour the birds at any show from the county fair to the big shows.

I was kind of sad to not see any RIRs there.

Thought some of you might like to look too. Im going to go back sun and hopefully get some pics of the cochins and the black birds with horns for a comb.

Maybe someone could help me identify some of these birds because their coop tags were removed some due to birds shredding them

This bird was next to mine and I really liked this bird , I know there are 2 different kinds of this bird and Im not sure of the exact spelling of the birds names and which one this is, I just know them as the easter egg chicken, this family showed eggs also.
    If anyone would like to tell us exactly what the correct name of this bird is as it chewed coop tag.
    I took 2 pics of it to help you see it better

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

one of the rows of coops, I think they said there were only 300 or so birds , one family came up from pennsylvania with 150 birds . they owned the hamburg spangled that won the big awards, sorry I havnt gotten pics of them yet .

[​IMG]

A nice looking 4H Project bird

[​IMG]

Cute pair blue wheatens, this little rooster thinks hes all that and 2 bags of chips. He sort of fell in love ith my sebright gweneveir.

[​IMG]

One of the many old english bantams.

[​IMG]

Im not really sure what this breed is except they were fighting birds, now become very populkar in the show rings, If anyone knows what he is, I would love to know.

[​IMG]

Row of 4H birds , a little of everything represented here.

[​IMG]

Are these sex links? Not sure

[​IMG]

A pidgon pair , cute

[​IMG]

This pair looked like somone glued curley cues on them, very pretty

[​IMG]

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Thanks for sharing those pics! I love looking at all the birds at the fair too! Makes you want 2 of each, huh? Great photos'! [​IMG]

3. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Songster

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    those look like birds at most county fairs!!! love 'em

4. aveca

aveca Songster

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    So glad you guys enjoyed them, Im going back saturday to pick up my birds a day early so will have a chance to take some more pics and will add them to this post. I always look for people to post pics from thier shows, Great fun to tour the birds, and not too much effort to take pics. Lots of fantastic bantams at the show. I didnt get to take pics of them at the time cause the families were milling around thier birds and I sure didnt want to but them out of the way, so hopefully Sat I will get some of the ducks and that spangled hamburgs that were BIS. A couple of the birds you always find and walk up and say WOW. Some real nice blue cochins ect... I would have some but we just dont have the room , and Husband wants to focus on the australorps. I will keep gweneveir and layla the sebrights and maybe one rooster but need to sell the other. I think he will be nicer next year But We decided that the australorps are what we want to do, will show gwen next year again..

I was actually planning on a bigger show in september the fingerlakes poultry club chow but have to work, bossis going on vacation

Here is a silki, nice 4H bird

[​IMG]

my sebrights

[​IMG]

a 4H duck, part cayuga and cant remember what else they said

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: