Town chicken law

grimreaper

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 21, 2010
Cozad, Nebraska
My wife and I thought we had a chance at changing the oordinace in cozad Ne. But we found out differently when we went down to the city office . They informed us that even that other town in our area allowed chicken's they wanted to keep there town clean of chicken's. Even if they do allowed one elderly man not only have chickens, ducks, greese and goat's. So i don't know where we go from here.

welcome-byc.gif
and sorry to hear your town's stupid stance on keeping backyard Chickens...By them saying they want to keep the town "clean of chickens" says to me they think they are dirty or something. What I did for our city commissioners is make up a packet in a nice folder with tons of chicken info in there and a whole page of cute chicken picture and really cute back yard coops! If you have the time you can make up a petition and take to any feed stores in the area or anywhere else you can think of.

What is the overall feeling in town about chickens? Where one voice and request mayh be ignored, a large number of folks saying "we want to be able to have chickens!" will carry weight. Also, while ordinances may be proposed by hired staff, they are approved or denied by elected officials.

I do thank all of you for your responce. I have a half a mind to talk to a lawery in reguards to this rule. I believe that if they are going to allow one person to just about have a zoo and this gentleman sales to the public. I don't mean to make trouble for him but I am tried of be kicked around by this city council.

Do realize that his birds may be grandfathered in--that they cannot legally do anything about him having them. Or perhaps his land is not actually in hte town, but is a county island over which they have no jurisdiction. Or perhaps his land is zoned differently. It is worth asking why he is allowed to have them, and you cannot.

Back
Top Bottom