Townline Meatbirds

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by imprimis, Feb 10, 2009.

1. imprimis

imprimis Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2008
    The Thumb, MI
    Does anyone know what the difference is between their Vantress X Arbor (AA70) Cross and their The Hubbard White Mountain Broiler? Is one more active than the other? Has anyone had both? I'm looking for something a little more active than the normal Cornish X.

Thanks for the info,
    Eric

2. Three_Blessings

Three_Blessings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Barry county, Michigan
    We had some of their Vantress last year and they were so yummy!!! We have not tried any other of their meat birds, so can't help you on the comparison.

3. imprimis

imprimis Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2008
    The Thumb, MI
    Were they very active, or did they just sit and eat? I'm am interested because I would like something similar to the colored rangers but want to order from somewhere close like Townline. Did grow quickly like they claim? What weight did you achieve with them? Sorry for all the questions.....

Eric

4. jaku

jaku Chillin' With My Peeps

I can't tell you about the Vantress, but I order the Hubbards, and they are Cornish X's. Great hatchery!!

5. FarmerCarl

FarmerCarl Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2009
    West Michigan
    I've raised the Cornish X from Townline. A couple friends and I ordered a hundred birds last summer and split them up. I took 26. Started butchering them at 7 weeks. They dressed out at 3-4 lbs. I grew some to 9/10 weeks and they dressed out at 6-7-8 lbs. We didn't have any problems with them dying or being crippled. I did have one cripple out of 26 birds now that I think about it. I butchered him first. I had the only crippled bird out of the 100 we bought.

I kept them in a 12 x 11 horse stall. After they were big enough I let them free range and they did real well. I kept food in front of them 24/7. I was just shopping hatcheries today and Townlines broiler prices are good. I think we'll be ordering 200 to split up this year.

I think you'll be happy if you buy from them. If you have a TSC or Family Farm and Home near you, they can get the birds in for you. You might have to pay a mark up, but it might be less than the shipping charges to your house. Just a thought.

6. jaku

jaku Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Yeah, I agree on the prices- almost everything they have is nearly 1/2 the prices of McMurray. It's the only way to go if you live in Michigan. I get my birds the day after they're shipped, and shipping is like $8.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by