Township vs City and County laws

phishbon3s

Hatching
May 6, 2015
I live in Columbus, Ohio which is part of Franklin county. Columbus and Franklin County allow backyard chickens as long as you follow zoning (10 feet from property line in back yard, keeping clean,. number of chickens/ducks... etc).

Even though I live in Columbus (and Franklin County) the little portion of my neighborhood is considered Prairie Township. Which doesn't allow poultry husbandry or livestock in plotted lots (even though my yard is more than half an acre).

I just plan on following the Columbus laws since I pay Columbus taxes. (as well as hope they change the zoning law in the next year or so, since I don't plan on starting till next year). Then if something comes up, plead my case and present my chickens as an eggs-ample of quality care. :)

Has anyone come across this problem before? If so, what did you do?

I was wondering if you still have chickens and if you had run into any problems. I'm in Lincoln Village, have chickens, and just received a notice tonight on my door from the trustees that they had received a complaint, probably due to overgrown grass and trash. (I've been after my son to get the lawn mowed for a while!) But now, I'm worried that, when they come to inspect, they'll see the chickens!

I was wondering if you still have chickens and if you had run into any problems. I'm in Lincoln Village, have chickens, and just received a notice tonight on my door from the trustees that they had received a complaint, probably due to overgrown grass and trash. (I've been after my son to get the lawn mowed for a while!) But now, I'm worried that, when they come to inspect, they'll see the chickens!

You can see when a poster was last on by clicking in their user name. The poster hasn’t been in since 2015! Hopefully the complaint is resolved quickly without any problems with your chickens.

Back
Top Bottom