Hi I'm very new to raising chickens (started this spring 2011 with 8 baby chicks) and noticed my chickens love to eat ferns when I let them out to free range. They find quite a few as they are quite accessible because my house is surrounded by woods. My chickens eat them like candy. Searching the web for toxic plants to poultry, the fern is shown on the lists. My chickens seem fine, but I also read that it takes time for them to die as organs are affected over time. Not a pleasant thought!! Should I be worried??? Has any others had this problem? They are not producing eggs being only 3 months old. Should I also be worried once they do start producing that I could be poisoned/affected as well by eating the eggs? Thank you in advance for any advice!!