Toys and baby chicks, the pictures!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by fledgling, Aug 1, 2010.

1. fledgling

fledgling Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Keystone Heights, FL
    I promised pictures but didn't get any until the topic faded back too many pages, so, without further ado, PICTURES!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The chicks are Wilma, the Delaware; Cricket, the Sussex; Alice, the Australorp; Sophie, the Welsummer; Isabel, the Blue Andalusian; Faith and Grace, the Easter Eggers.

2. ekemily

ekemily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Fairhope, AL
    cute! [​IMG]

3. NC29mom

NC29mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Scotland Neck, NC
    Wow! Not a bad idea! So, they are playing with the toys I am assuming?? I've got a whole barn full of chicks (34 to be exact). They need some entertainment, right now all they are doing is eating, sleeping, pooping, pooping, pooping and running all over each other (and yes they have PLENTY of room). Maybe I'll try some toys, a mirror at least. I hear chicks like mirrors.

Congrats on your beauties!!

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    A chicken gym! How cute!

5. fledgling

Apr 8, 2009
    Keystone Heights, FL
    They DO play with the toys. i watch them deliberately roll the ball or the bottle and peck at the hanging bell. They also pause quite often to admire themselves in the mirror. The ladder is attached to a wooden square perch thing I made. They really enjoy it! BTW, I ordered the chicks through My Pet Chicken. [​IMG]

6. Lovable Chicks

Lovable Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    I never thought of doing this...great idea! I wonder if my bigger chicks would enjoy something like this??

7. BackToMyRoots

BackToMyRoots Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Matthews, NC
    Definitely a great idea! Cute pics, too.

I'm wondering how you attached the ladder--did you leave a way to remove it easily for cleaning? I didn't think and screwed mine to the brooder walls, so every time I cleaned the brooder I had to clean a poop-encrusted perch at the same time. [​IMG] The chickies loved it though.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  8. fledgling

Apr 8, 2009
    Keystone Heights, FL
    I just tied it on with twine and tucked in the ends so they wouldn't peck at them too much.

9. Jasmine1998

Jasmine1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2010
    Montgomery County
    My chicks loved those little balls. Once they got bigger & moved into the bigger coop they kept taking the balls & putting them in the nest boxes, lol.

10. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    What a Great idea....I love it. they definitely look amused.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by