Toys and non-boring activities for my girls during winter?

I've done this too and I hung it up. My hen Hetty figured out a way to cheat by tugging at the string instead of pecking - it got more corn out!
I put the scratch inside a water bottle with holes I cut-just big enough for the scratch to come with a little effort. I used the lid to the bottle to seal it up!

I just tried this one with my girls and thought id share. One word: pumpkin. Pumpkin pie pumpkins were on sale so i bought a small one. At first they didnt know what to think. But they figured it out quickly. Its only been in there 2 days and a 1/4 of it is gone

I just tried this one with my girls and thought id share. One word: pumpkin. Pumpkin pie pumpkins were on sale so i bought a small one. At first they didnt know what to think. But they figured it out quickly. Its only been in there 2 days and a 1/4 of it is gone

My girls turned their nose and ignored pumpkin! ¬_¬

... They have everything out there, roosts, mirror, swing, dust baths...

Be careful installing mirrors in your coop. Some roosters will fight the strange rooster that they see staring back at them from the mirror until both the rooster in the mirror and the flesh and feather rooster completely exhausts himself and passes on to his reward.

I have also had young cockerels fight their own reflection in the chrome bumper of a Ford Pickup truck, and in a hubcap.

Also...on mirrors please get the nonbreakable type. They make them for kids to put into their lockers at school or for prisoners in jail (seriously) or for parrots. Glass mirrors are so dangerous!

Back
Top Bottom