1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Toys for Ducklings/Ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Ducklings199, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Ducklings199

Ducklings199 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2014
    Hey, does anybody have any ideas or photos of different toys which I can give my ducklings?

2. farm316

farm316 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2014
    I heard that mirrors can help for duckling toys, I haven't done that yet men are about 4 weeks old

3. KARy408

KARy408 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2014
    Livermore, CA
    We tried a few different floaty baby-type toys for the bathtub with our ducklings, but they pretty much hated everything. Except for their stuffed "momma duck" which lived in the brooder with them. That they didn't really play with so much as snuggle and nest into:
    [​IMG]
    Once you start introducing them to water, they'll entertain themselves on their own, just splashing and frolicking around. You can also try freezing some finely chopped greens inside ice cubes, float them in your duckling's water vessel and let them try to figure that out! And if they're living or going outdoors at all, a hose set on the light spray setting is always a good time!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by