Toys for Ducks

Sonja1018

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 30, 2014
Texas
I have a week old duckling and was wondering what people offer their ducks to enrich their environment.
So far Qwackerjacks seems to like cat ball with bell inside and a couple other little kitty toys (pilfered from the cats' toybox). I've thought about a big hanging toy like ones for parrots too.

with your supervision, let them swim and/or play in some water. a paint roller tray works well. but don't give them too much water, if they learn to swim now they will love water for the rest of there life. good luck! (I want a picture
smile.png
)

He is being the perfect little drake! My Pekin, who is full grown (gargantuan) still does exactly the same moves in water--and more. Quackerjacks accomplishes several things when "playing:" of course he gets pleasure from the sensation of the water. Also, he cleans himself. And the head bobbing movement builds muscle in his neck. By now he muct have started to flap his little arms, yes? When he gets full grown, that can be an impressive sight.
Keep up the good work.

That video...I am dying of cute here!! ^-^ (Is it sped up a little, or is he really moving that fast? lol)

My little Cayuga loves toilet paper rolls! She flings them around, puts her head inside to explore, and rolls it back and forth to me along the floor. Too cute, and I'm all for cheap toys. ;)

Last edited:
That video...I am dying of cute here!! ^-^ (Is it sped up a little, or is he really moving that fast? lol)

My little Cayuga loves toilet paper rolls! She flings them around, puts her head inside to explore, and rolls it back and forth to me along the floor. Too cute, and I'm all for cheap toys.
wink.png

Mine loves 'em too but she has a bad habit of getting herself stuck in them!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom