Toys for Young Chicks?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Mycookoonest, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Mycookoonest

Mycookoonest Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    Anyone have a good idea for toys for my chicks to play with? I feel bad that they just have pine to play with LOL! Could I do plastic bottle caps? They are a week old. Or something shiney since they go after my rings?

Or is it not good for them to have toys?

2. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    You can try giving them different food or putting bugs in with them, that keeps them occupied.

3. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    I put hanging bird toys and mirrors in mine. They also like ringing the bells that are on some of them. Give them something to roost on about 3 or 4 inches high. They also like climbing on blocks of wood of different heights. [​IMG]

4. Joy1

Joy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Lancashire,England
    My chick was frightened of his own reflection and would not go near the mirror.I did place a chicken run character in with him and he liked to snuggle up to it! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  5. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    When my chicks were small they LOVED cat toys! The round ball ones were a big hit, they would all play chase with them and tire eachother out, sleep for awhile, eat, drink, then start all over again. It was a hoot! [​IMG]

6. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I only have little quail chicks right now. They love toilet paper rolls. THey run through them, play king of the hill, jump on them bounce over them...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by