Track identification - help!

Duck Hill

Songster
7 Years
Jun 17, 2015
South Carolina
The following predators have walked through my fenced yard - even though I have a dog on guard! Anyone know what they are?

DSC03262.JPG DSC03271.JPG
The first, above, has long fingers. Second photo has my fingertip for size reference.
Raccoon or possum or???

DSC03272.JPG DSC03289.JPG

This second print is TOO SMALL to be my own dog. And I have a tall property fence. There was only that one print.

I'd really like to figure this out BEFORE any of my ducks go missing!

Can't see greet on my cell but could be coon or possum. The other possible coyote. Ivr heard of the scaling 6ft fences. Let's see what others say though because I cant see them good

Dog seems really unlikely because the fences around my backyard are tall and well maintained (there is no hole through which a neighbor dog could have entered). The "canine" track is within 2' of a 6' fence and facing directly away from the fence. This seems to be close to the fence for a coyote who would be somewhat large. Could it be a fox?

Fox sounds good!
I honestly am not familiar with "foot prints" but I will have my boy scout look at them in the morning and see if he can offer his 2 cents?

Thank you for all your opinions. My dog always gets off lightly when she misbehaves, because I know that I depend on her at night!!! I'm not certain my coop could withstand a determined raccoon or fox on its own. I will have to strengthen it. For now, Biscuit keeps these two predators away from the duck coop - she sleeps in back of it. I have thought about bringing her in on alternate nights, but for now she will continue to be an outdoor dog!

Back
Top Bottom