1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tracking Eggs

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Yoke, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Yoke

Yoke Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2012
    ** Tracking Eggs Spreadsheet **

Here is a Excel spreadsheet for tracking egg production. (Eggs v1.1.xlsx)

The first sheet "Year" summarizes production my month and season. Enter your daily production on the Jan-Dec pages in the light blue fields.

There is some sample data in January, just overtype with your data.

Comments and suggestion welcome. I might even update the spreadsheet to meet your needs.

. . . Oops, I don't yet have permission to add attachments, I'll post a reply with the file as soon as I get permission.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  2. Yoke

Yoke Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2012
  3. Yoke

Yoke Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2012
  4. Yoke

Yoke Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2012
    Here are some screen shots
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    [​IMG]

Nice Spreadsheet. How long have you been tracking? What is the purpose other than how many for you? Are you selling your eggs?

6. Yoke

Yoke Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2012
    Jan was my first month of eggs and tracking. Started with birds in December.

I would have posted the spreadsheet sooner, but wanted to do functional test it first.

I'm just tracking for my self. I may sell/gift some eggs once I get more than a half dozen per day. I put the price box there just to translate the egg production into dollars (Maybe I should have used something more stable like gold?).

I also want to try and track birds/groups for their production, to evaluate their contributions and highlight any illness (drop in production). If someone only has 7 birds, they can retype each birds name to replace the colors.

I have one old hen, a Buff Orpington, who is doing four eggs in a row and taking a day off, then four more eggs. Harder to tell with the other birds because eggs look the same. I also made a size/color chart to see who's who, but I can't get the colors to print close to the egg shades.

Being so new, I don't yet know what is important. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

I saw the other spreadsheet from raisin the same day after I posted mine. I like the way he does expenses. Currently I track my expenses in a different spreadsheet. I also think I can do more just focusing on eggs. I might dump the gross profit column and add another egg column or something.

Thanks for the welcome.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  7. Yoke

Yoke Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2012
  8. Mr Clean

Mr Clean New Egg

Oct 19, 2015
    Downingtown, PA
    I know this is an old thread and the original poster hasn't been active in quite a while, but I need help locating a copy of the spreadsheet that he/she shared with the forum. The links don't work. I was hoping that someone may have downloaded it and would be willing to send me a copy. TIA.

9. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

There are several spreadsheets and other apps for tracking/record purposes out there.

Advanced search>titles only> spreadsheet
    Advanced search>titles only> tracking
    Advanced search>titles only> records

10. Mr Clean

Mr Clean New Egg

Oct 19, 2015
    Downingtown, PA
    Thank you for the reply, and for the warm welcome. I am not new to internet forums, I did extensive searching before I posted the comment and found that this format was what I was looking for.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by