Tractor Supply Bantam assortment-no clue. Picture Heavy!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Decaffeinated Mommy, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Decaffeinated Mommy

Decaffeinated Mommy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2009
    Erath Co.
    Ok, so my hubby surprises me today with 5 cute cheeping little bantams, and, being relatively new to actual BREEDS of chickens, I haven't got a clue. I poured over pictures on feathersite, google images and of course on the forum here, got to page 13 in the section and decided I'd just ask.

EDIT-I just found out that they came from Ideal Poultry

I think the one with the feathers on the legs may be a Buff Cochin, he has 4 toes ( I read that Silkies have 6). He is also a bit bigger then the others, but doesn't seem standard size. The striped ones I'm guessing BB Phoenix, and the last two I haven't the faintest. DH thought that the two blondes were the same breed, it was only when I was photographing them that I really saw the difference. So here we go:

The whole crew:
    [​IMG]

The feather legged one:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The little blondie:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Twins:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The little black one:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He wouldn't hold still, so DH helped a little. I'm trying to show that his bum is yellow-ish, not the monster poop!

I know that some may be hard to figure out until they are older, but I thought I'd give it a shot now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(also, do you just use html image embed to show them on the board?)-figured that out thanks to CovenantCreek

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  2. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    im not sure but they are very cute the twins look like ee design but could also be other golden laced bantam too we will see

3. Decaffeinated Mommy

Mar 19, 2009
    Erath Co.
    REALLY? Oh, boy am I excited about that! So I am guessing that all EEs don't look the same as chicks, but are different depending on the adult color pattern? Do you know what color pattern this means?

4. Delta2 23

Delta2 23 Flock Master

Sep 4, 2008
    Yes I think the twins are EEs, they look alarmingly like the ones HorseFeathers used to have as her avatar. Even the expressions are the same! [​IMG]

The Blondie might be a buff orpington. i love buff orpingtons! [​IMG]
    And yeah, the feather-leg one could be a buff cochin.

I have no idea about the black one though.

They are all so cute!

whoops, forgot this one! [​IMG]

5. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    when it was born or less then 1 week
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    around 2 weeks
    [​IMG]
    here it is then 3 weeks
    [​IMG]
    here it is now 4 1/2 weeks
    [​IMG]

6. Decaffeinated Mommy

Mar 19, 2009
    Erath Co.
    Chookies-thanks for insight on the Blondie and thank you for the welcome![​IMG]

Bock_Bock- that's so awesome! Thank you for the pictures! I am so excited and hoping that my hubby's remark "Knowing my luck I'll get all roosters" isn't true![​IMG]

Does the black-ish beak and legs on the little black one point to anything?

7. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Quote:to get the photos to show in the post itself, you want to have the [​IMG] at the end -- to do this with the links that you already have in your post, simply highlight an individual URL, then click the IMG button above the smiles on the post writing/editing page.

8. Decaffeinated Mommy

Mar 19, 2009
    Erath Co.
    CovenantCreek- thank you so much! That is SOOO much easier than what I was trying (obviously unsuccessfully) to do last night!

9. Hens_And_Chicks

Hens_And_Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Ohio
    The one with feathers on the feet looks like a brahma - looks exactly like my chick. Very cute. One just makes me want another one and then another one and then another two...

10. Decaffeinated Mommy

Mar 19, 2009
    Erath Co.
    Hens- you are so right! I went back to day, I just wanted one....but walked out with 3! One was a freebie, she has a deformed beak, I am hoping she will make it though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by