Tractor Supply Chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by VannahRAe, Mar 20, 2012.

1. VannahRAe

VannahRAe Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2012
    Hohenwald, TN
    Okay so I think I have 10 chicks from TSC when i got them on 3-10 they looked to be around 3 days old. Now I have 4 that i suspect to be meat birds >:l not what i wanted! but 3 are bannies and the last 3 are EE??? maybe hopefully?? I really wish the local TSC would post signs of what the chicks are!!! So now that my rant is over ....

2. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    [​IMG]Post pics!

3. VannahRAe

VannahRAe Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2012
    Hohenwald, TN
    I can't get em to load the only one that did is on my page

4. Melinda35

Melinda35 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2010
    Texas
    When TSC does post what chicks they have it is still not correct. When I was in there a week or so ago they had RIRs and meat birds mixed in the same bin. Very easy to grab the wrong one if your not paying attention. There was a man asking what kind they were and the answer multiple times was "pullets." Then when asked what breed the answer was not really sure our signs are not usually correct. [​IMG]But they will be getting 400 in next week. What a mess! I believe if you want a certain breed order directly from the hatchery or a breeder. If it doesn't matter than TSC is very convenient and those fuzzy butts are hard to resist no matter what they are. [​IMG]

5. CBarrett

CBarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Crestview, FL
    I had the same problem with TSC this year - none of the chicks were specifically marked! Assorteds only, so I ordered (thru TSC) from their hatchery and received 25 Buff Orpington pullets, which is what I wanted in the first place.. I'm not too thrilled about having them mailed, but they arrived alive, and lost 1 about an hour after they got here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by