Tractor Supply Chicks

jobouss

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 24, 2013
Tupelo, MS
I was at Tractor Supply today and they got their chicks and ducks in. The had ducks, Partridge Plymouth Rocks, Black Australorps, and Rhode Island Reds. The southern Tractor Supply stores will be getting the chicks this week. All others will get theirs around the 25th according to the website. They all looked nice and healthy.
I got 3 Black Australorps and 3 Partridge Plymouth Rocks.

Soo cute!! I went to tractor supply to get chicks last year. My cousin works at one and I get discounts. This year I ordered from Meyer Hatchery. (Not for any specific reason. I even ordered an assortment for the surprise factor) They shipped out today :)

Congrats on your new little ones!

Cute little buggers!

Local feed shop got chicks in last Friday. I am resisting the urge to get some. Going to wait till the eggs I have in the incubator hatch so I know how many more I need to meet our goal. Talked to a lady who works there and it turns out that their first chick days sale of the season falls on the weekend our eggs are due to hatch. May end up with some freebies to add to the brooder!

The TSC down the road from me is expecting chicks tomorrow. Can't wait.

Best of wishes on yours.

Thanks so much Chick Charm, Bilder and Stephen. I walked in the door of Tractor Supply and I heard 100's of the little cheep cheep cheeps from the back of the store. My heart started pounding, I was so excited.
celebrate.gif

Good luck with your little ones too. I also have 6 silkies in the incubator, expecting them in about 10 days.

Last edited:
Went to my local TSC today and they had chicks in as well. They had buff and light brahmas, white rocks, and New hampshire reds. The trought of New hampshires was so full there was barely room for them to move but other than that they all looked healthy and happy. I managed to get away with out any and just the bag of flock raiser I went to get for my turkeys but it was hard to do, I wanted some of the brahmas so bad. I needed to hold off anyways because I'm planning to place an order for 50 rhode island red pullets and 2 cockerels.

mine was suppose to get theirs in today, just got home from there, no chicks yet! :( they were not sure why they didn't have them, i hope the chickys didn't get lost in the mail!

now I won't have time to go look until tomorrow night, and that's a maybe... i love digging through the bantam bin and pulling out silkies and cochins.
love.gif

Hope that the storm doesn't touch down near you either. Hattiesburg was hit hard last night. We escaped, but seen some strong winds. Of course your chicks will probably ride it out in style indoors.

Keep em safe. They are only this cute for so long before they become cuter in other ways.

I saw that on the news. It is so terrifying. Two years ago I lived in North Amory, and we watched an F5 tornado jump right over our house from the community storm shelter across the road. It touched down and went on the destroy the whole town of Smithville which was right down the highway from us. That is the closest I ever want to get to one!

Monday will be one week that I brought my little chicks home. 3 black Australorps and 3 Partridge Plymouth Rocks. Love my babies!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom