Tractor Supply Chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kmiller11, Feb 22, 2015.

1. kmiller11

kmiller11 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 18, 2014
    SE Pennsylvania
    If my tractor supply gets chicks in this week...would they be there first thing in the morning? just asking because my store is suppose to get them this week but i am about an hour from the store. i don't want to drive there in the morning if they aren't going to get them till the middle to end of the day. Ill probably wait till they open and call before i leave i just wasn't sure if anyone knew 100% that if they get them they would be there as soon as the store opens. thanks

2. callen0912

callen0912 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2015
    I would call. I called for days to see if they had them. The closest TSC to me is 15-20 minutes away.

3. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    They will probably pick them up at the PO first thing in the morning. Most stores get their chicks in Friday. Call as every store is different. They might reserve them too.

4. 21hens-incharge

21hens-incharge Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2014
    Northern Colorado
    Totally call them. They will probably tell you when they are expecting them and what breeds they are getting in too.

5. CliffB

CliffB Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2014
    Georgia
    Plan to be at the store at 10:30am. Just saying. Also what days they receive them depend entirely on which hatchery they are coming from.

6. RitzHomestead

RitzHomestead Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2015
    Marble Hill, GA
    I got my chicks from Tractor Supply and fair warning bring your own box to bring them home in or be very careful in the box they provide. They all fell out of the bottom of my box and did the same thing to a bunch of other people while they were in there!

7. Free Feather

Free Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Our store was due to get them today, but delayed due to weather.

8. WthrLady

WthrLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2014
    WestOak, Nebraska
    Ours got them last week, but have no idea what they are. I was not impressed with the employees there either. They had no idea what they were doing, or about the chicks. They simply manhandled them and chucked what the customer wanted in a box.

4 bins.

One of mixed bantam, one of sex link females, one of 'take your chance' on the sex....obviously cheaper than known females. And the fourth was to hold the customer's box while it was filled in case there were escapees. No list of possible breeds at all. No thank you.

9. RitzHomestead

RitzHomestead Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2015
    Marble Hill, GA

I had the same issue, this is my first time with chickens and tsc was awful. They seemed annoyed with my questions and with my two sons who were excited. Really put a damper in what should have been a great experience.

10. RavenStorm1977

RavenStorm1977 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2013
    At my tractor supply it was 3 bins of unknown breed unsexed - which to me says left over roosters from the hatcheries. Very much no thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by