Tractor Supply Coupon. Rip-off?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickenmaven, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Today, I registered for the $5 TSC online coupon. I gave them my contact info & they gave me...

NOTHING! [​IMG]

I got a msg. stating that I cannot access the offer or something. Did anyone else get this? What a bunch of hooey. They better not start e-mailing me! I have a great many chickens, a bunny and a dog. Heaven knows I spent $$$$$$ at TSC!!!! I could use that coupon... [​IMG]

2. TillinWithMyPeeps

TillinWithMyPeeps Waiting for Spring...

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
    I got the coupon from them [​IMG]

What exactly did the message say?

3. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    Call your store, let them know you are having an issue and they will try to hook you up. They want your continued business. I just discovered yesterday through a friend that things for your "farm" can be tax free. Stuff like barb wire fences (yep, I'm getting cows at the end of this month", agriculture tools and the like are supposed to be tax free. I am going to call them tomorrow to make sure thats on the level.

I just realized that I completely hijacked your thread, your not mad at my are ya?

4. Irajoe

Irajoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2009
    South Carolina
    I've found them to be completely forthright...I hope you will as well.

Their coupon requires a software application that not all computers are equipped to handle...or at least that was the case with me.

When I mentioned to my local TSC that I was having trouble downloading it, they honored the discount on the spot.

Good folks at TSC. [​IMG]

5. Chickenmaven

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Instead of coupon, a box popped up that said, "Sorry. You cannot access the offers at this time."

Great, considering I have spent $100 there in the past month... [​IMG]

6. Chickenmaven

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:Not mad at all.
    You might need a tax I.D. I dunno. I had to supply one at Gordon's when I used to cater.

7. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Quote:Not mad at all.
    You might need a tax I.D. I dunno. I had to supply one at Gordon's when I used to cater.

you need to file for a Tax ID, there are certain requirements but I think its free to file for. You can also claim losses on you tax return with this id if I remember correctly.

8. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Yes you do. You have to be a profit-making licensed agricultural business.

9. Pepperwolfe

Pepperwolfe Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2009
    Groveland FL
    I got my coupon but still I'm still stuck with dial up. I had to download a program or something. I think the only things we buy from them is the chicken feed. I prefer other farm stores in the area.

10. Chickenmaven

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    I e-mailed their customer service, which e-mailed me the coupon.
    I guess it pays to complain. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by