Tractor supply ducklings

Sara, I think you are getting a little low on feed. A storm is scheduled to hit Western NC on Wed. Better stock up on feed tomorrow.
tongue.png

I should have known that I would find yes support here. Only naughty people trying to get me in trouble with my hubby.
1f61c.png

Ever notice those poor ducklings are always wet and dirty and really don't appear to be warm enough in those metal water troughs. I always feel so bad for them.

I agree you should go and save some little ducklings from living at a TS ;) Such a scary place to sleep at night, poor babies

I am thinking of getting a couple of baby duckies...what do y'all recommend for a first-timer of ducks? I don't have a 'flock' of anything, unless having two Serama hens is a flock, lol.
I want something friendly with smaller chickens and children, that isn't big on flying and could occasionally come into the house (with a diaper), like I do with my Serama hens.
They have a coop/run outside in our yard (5ftx10ft pvc framed, built by me).
I am sure that as little fluffy ducklings they'll need to stay inside while it's so cold and nasty, but when they feather out I'd like to have them in the run with my two little hens.
Is this a possibility? And what breeds do y'all recommend? I'd love to get a couple of bantam ducks, to go with my tiny bantam chickens.
I called my local Tractor Supply, they're expecting their first shipment of ducklings and chicks any day now. Do they ever get duck breeds that I could get, that would work for me and what I'm looking for?
I'm in GA, Atlanta suburb (rural-ish).

Thank you in advance for any and all advice and ideas!

Back
Top Bottom