Tractor Supply leftovers

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by crooked stripe, May 20, 2010.

1. crooked stripe

crooked stripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2008
    N.E Ohio- Suffield
    I picked up these 4 chicks when they where about 1 1/2 weeks old. One is a EE. The other 3 I have no idea what they are. They are now somewhere around 6 weeks old. They seem to be all the same breed because the legs and feet are bright yellow to orange in color. The white one I think is a roo and the rest I think are pullets. The only sign around the cages said sex links but I and the folks at the store had no idea what they where. Might someone here be willing to give a guess. It is driving me crazy not knowing. John

2. crooked stripe

Jan 14, 2008
    N.E Ohio- Suffield
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    The EE is a pullet and the two brown ones are red sex link pullets. The white one is a red sex link roo. [​IMG]

4. Papadavid

Papadavid Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2010
    Difinetly sex link(comets, redstars, etc people call them different names. I think you nailed the sex. One roo and 3 hens. Good luck!

5. crooked stripe

Jan 14, 2008
    N.E Ohio- Suffield
    As far as size go's will they get as big as my BO's and BA's? The gal at the register ask if I would take one of her extra Japanese roos and I couldn't say no. Here he is, 2 years old.

[​IMG]

6. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    My red sex link is about 2/3 the size of my BA... she lays the same size egg though, lol

7. slightlyscrambled

slightlyscrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Nebraska
    I have two rsl and just love them they are really sweet and lay beautiful big brown eggs!! you got lucky

8. tellynpeep

tellynpeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2008
    SW New Hampshire
    My RSL lays an egg, every day, that is too big to fit into a jumbo egg carton!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by