1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tractor supply mystery bantams.....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 72Lark, Apr 1, 2012.

1. 72Lark

72Lark Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2012
    oHIo
    Not sure on these two here. The white one is named Happy Feet, cuz when she scratches, she dances, moonwalks, and shakes her(?) almost tail feathers!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This little one shows up in NUMEROUS bantam chick image searches on Google. Golden Phoenix bantam? American Game bantam? Maybe a silver duckwing?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We think the one on the left(next 2 pics) is a Silver Spangled Hamburg?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Snozzle

Snozzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2011
    Tri-Cities Tennessee
    The one with the light face in the 2nd and 3rd pic looks almost like quail d'anver I got from TSC just darker, maybe a different color? The striped one is probably an oeg. As far as the others go I have no clue, I ended up with 2 d'uccles(1 mille fleur, 1 white I know what a surprise, but that's the only thing it could be), the d'anver, 1 oeg, 1 cochin and a golden sebright from my bantam mixed bag from there.

3. Featherland

Featherland Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Missouri
    The one in the second picture looks like a Gold Sebright. Knowing comb types would help to identify them.
    What type of comb does the white one have? and the black and white one?

4. 72Lark

Mar 27, 2012
    oHIo
    Don't see any comb at all on either one of them. The 2 darker ones(in pic 2 and 3) just have little bumps starting. Not really sure how old they are either.

5. 72Lark

Mar 27, 2012
    oHIo
    We thought it might be, but then there were a ton of other breeds listed with very similar pics, so we weren't sure! Thanks!

6. Featherland

Featherland Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Missouri
    Sebrights have rose combs which sound like what you are describing. Hamburgs also have rose combs. EE have pea combs which are harder to see also.

Another way to help identify your chicks would be to call your Tractor Supply and find out which hatchery they get there chicks from.
    Then look up that hatchery to see what bantams they sell. It will help narrow down the choices of breeds.

7. 72Lark

Mar 27, 2012
    oHIo
    I'll have my wife call them tomorrow then. I'll also try to get better pics of their heads.

8. Snozzle

Snozzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2011
    Tri-Cities Tennessee
    Actually I got my baby pics turned around, that was my golden sebright I was looking at, they looked kind of similar as babies. Your chick has the same face as the sebright, but the color is closer to the d'anvers. If it's a sebright you will know soon enough, mine started growing his beautiful feathers very soon after I got him.

The sebright
    [​IMG]

The d'anver
    [​IMG]

And my little oeg
    [​IMG]

9. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    pics 2 and 3 are golden sebright, 4 and 5 are OEG. I got the same ones at TSC last week in Ohio, and they came from Mt. Healthy i think.

10. 72Lark

Mar 27, 2012
    oHIo

My wife called them and ours are from Mt Healthy as well. Our little OEG is becoming a feather picker though....going to have to put a stop to that soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by