1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tractor supply pullets

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Lynn S, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Lynn S

Lynn S New Egg

Mar 31, 2015
    What breed of chickens are the Tractor Supply Pullets. How old are they the day they get them? I bought 6 and dont know what they are.

2. Odelia

Odelia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2014
    Idaho
    The chicks are usually 3 days old when they arrive. Also your photo didn't post.

3. SunkenRoadFarms

SunkenRoadFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2014
    Maryland
    It depends in the store location too. My TSC had leghorns last year. Last week it looked like they had a mix of Production Reds and Barred Rocks.

4. havery

havery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2015
    East Texas
    There's no telling with TSC. This year mine has only had white leghorns and production reds. They got in one shipment of Welsummers that were sold as straight run, but I grabbed a pretty little pullet by looking at markings.

But last year I got 8 assorted pullets from TSC as my starter flock. 4 "assorted red pullets" and 4 "assorted pullets." I ended up with 3 production reds, a golden comet, two California whites, a cuckoo maran, and a lakenvelder.

Each store gets different merchandise from different hatcheries. Post some pics of your babies and maybe we can help?

1 person likes this.
  5. Lynn S

Lynn S New Egg

Mar 31, 2015
    Well I cant gety pic to post. I will try later when I get home.

6. Lynn S

Lynn S New Egg

Mar 31, 2015
    Got a question about coops. Does the nesting boxes go at floor level. Im trying to buildi mine just bu looking at pic. Its gonna be roughly 4x8 profably anout 5ft tall. It is 2 ft off ground. I only have 6 chicks. How many more would I be able to get.

7. daisyelviside

daisyelviside Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2013
    I just got 6 white plymouth rocks from TSC[​IMG]

8. Rsvmaclark

Rsvmaclark New Egg

Mar 16, 2014
    Just got 3 rainbow and 3 blue Asian from portage Tsc. They are not pure breed but are said to be hardy good egg layers,

9. RNchickenfarmer

RNchickenfarmer Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2015
    The Frozen North
    I got 6 pullets from tractor supply and they were Brown Isas. Basically mixed breed sex links. I went to 2 stores in my area and so far that is all they have had for assorted pullets. They also had barred rocks at one store and rhode island reds at the other in straight runs. Not much of a selection.

10. PorterPullets

PorterPullets Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2015
    Sachse TX
    thanks for posting I got mine at TDC and mine look exactly , I've this when I got them. Mine have already grown quite a but

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by