Tractor supply said this is a Blue Wyandotte pullet

Out two Blue Wyandottes were purchased as Blue laced red Wyandottes and asked the seller 3 times while showing them pictures of blue laced reds and were told oh yes they are.. nope BUT at least they got the gender correct...these two BW are the best birds we have raised so far. Wouldn't trade then for anything. 20200714_170103.jpg
They are not very photogenic and are shy little girls.

Out two Blue Wyandottes were purchased as Blue laced red Wyandottes and asked the seller 3 times while showing them pictures of blue laced reds and were told oh yes they are.. nope BUT at least they got the gender correct...these two BW are the best birds we have raised so far. Wouldn't trade then for anything. View attachment 2253461
They are not very photogenic and are shy little girls.
Tractor Supply said that ours were Blue laced Wyandottes too. Figured it out once feathers started coming in that the weren’t Blue Laced Red Wyandottes.

Do not ever trust feed store employees to know what they have, or what they're selling you.

If buying from a feed store, it is best to go in with the knowledge you need to get what you want.

If buying from a feed store, it is best to go in with the knowledge you need to get what you want.

*nods*

When I realized that I was going to have to get farm store chicks if I wanted them before late September I resolved that I was willing to take the risks involved in potential mis-labeling. So far, at 3.5 weeks, both breed ID and sexing seem to be accurate, but I'm still not counting on it. 😆

Back
Top Bottom