Tractor Supply Special Orders

javim

In the Brooder
Feb 6, 2016
TSC has a couple of breeds that I would love to get pullets of. Of course when I asked the cashier about shipping costs, she had no idea. I am wondering if any of ya all have special ordered chicks and if you happen to know the shipping cost associated and whether they can be vaccinated. Any idea which hatchery they use? I work on the day my local TSC gets their chick orders in and I keep missing out. Today I stood and watched as a woman bought the remaining cuckoo maran chicks. Thanks all

Talk with whomever orders that chicks or the store manager. They should have a chart next to the chicks and that will tell who they buy from. It will also give you an idea of what's available. It will be a major hatchery like Welp, Cackle, Ideal... They should special order in breeds you want and they will be added to their order.

Well I had to go in today to buy a new incubator since mine seems to have crapped out. The cashier had no idea about shipping and neither did the employee that had been there for a couple of years. They did call manager on phone and he said there is no shipping fee. Not sure if that is correct but I will go in and speak to manager to do some ordering soon. I know it is reccomended to buy from a localbreeder, however I want pullets of rarer breeds that are not available here. And when available they cost twice as much.

The store won't (shouldn't) charge anything for shipping because they are adding your little order to their 200 chick order. They get much better pricing because of the volume they buy plus they create some loyalty from you so everyone wins.

Now you just have to figure out how they will keep them straight and not get sold by accident.

Last edited:
The way the special ordering works is that at the end of the chick days they will start shipping the special chick orders directly to the people to be picked up at the post office.

Back
Top Bottom