Tractor Supply Stores

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cheryl, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Chillin' With My Peeps

TS is opening up in our town...it is mentioned here on BYC so many times, I figured it might be a fun place for a summer job and part time while school is in session. (I'm looking for something totally unrelated to my profession!) Has any one had experience on the other side of the counter? Good company? ALL thoughts are appreciated!

2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I haven't, but I know that they are going to be carrying chicks again in March! Woot!

3. Cheryl

Yes and that temptation can only be a "temptation!" I"m all set for chickens, though I do understand the need for MORE! I told DH the other day I wouldn't mind living on a "small" farm... No comment! Just to get off subject, but seeing as I started it! A few milk goats...and MORE chickens!

4. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    We just got one here too. It's only been open for a week or 2. I'm trying to get a part time job there but they aren't hiring right now. [​IMG] I keep trying back though. Let me know if you get the job there and about how the company is, I'll do the same if I get the job before you.

5. Cheryl

Well I have an interview on Thursday...interesting application, they want to know what I know about equine, hardware etc...I did talk with the store manager briefly, and said I know cash registers and chickens!!! I'll certainly let everyone else know what I discover!

6. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    They sell alot of horse supplies. I don't really buy too much from them other than wormers but alot of people around here do. Good luck!

7. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    I don't know if the states is the same as Canada, but around here- you get extensive training in everything the sell--including plumbing etc. I know someone who works there and she loves it.

8. funnyfarm

funnyfarm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2008
    Indiana
    [​IMG] YOUR SO LUCKY TO BE GETTING A TSC WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ONE NEAR ME. I HAVE TO TRAVEL OVER AN HOUR AND A HALF TO GET TO ONE.

9. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

funnyfarm mine is 30 minutes away [​IMG]

10. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    wow they must really be growing. We are getting one in our town too which will be great since the next closest was about 40 minutes away.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by