Tractor Supply - Wilton/Farmington, Maine Sunday March 4th!

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by mountaintopsilkies, Feb 28, 2012.

1. mountaintopsilkies

mountaintopsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2010
    MAINE
    BLOOP

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  2. kinsey228

kinsey228 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Chesterville, Maine
    Please someone be selling a Marans or Welsummer pullet. I have been looking for them for many months.

3. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    oh heck kinsey, if you want welsummer pullets, just put in an order with me and I will hatch you some. they can be sexed as day olds.

4. Gordonhillfarm

Gordonhillfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Maine
    Thanks for starting this Nancy :) I wanted to also let everyone know we are looking for people to do demonstrations <---- am a very poor speller sorry -- Trim beaks -- wings - help people understand feed-- not just in chickens but all farm animals if you raise pigs - rabbitts -- lets educate the public and help keep farming alive ... If your interested or or know someone that would be please give me a call 779-4770 I wont be setting up this sunday but will be there -- Tooo snowy and cold for me and my little ones . Not only is this for chickens and other feathered friends but all farm related animals and crafts and such - if you hatch it - grow it - craft it from your farm bring it to sell or swap . Please remember to be respectful of TSC for letting us use their parking lot as a place to vend our stock and wares . Clean up your area after your done - Louise is making sure we have access to a broom -- remove dirty hay and shavings from parking lot when your ready to leave .Also very important that you have food and water available -- remember we live where the law says under 8 weeks old for chicks you must sell 6 -- if you want to meet someone at your farm you can sell less but on TSC property it has to be 8 wks . We are thinking about doing these swaps twice a month this year -- the 1st and 3rd sunday of every month . Hopeing to get it to every sunday by next year :) I'll be selling Goats Milk Soap this year -- along with goat kids and goat related products - I'm bringing a stantion to do Goat hoove trimming $5.00 a goat if anyone needs their hooves done . I'm also thinking in May of letting people try their hand at milking -- i'll bring a lactateing doe -- We'll also have a few chicks - not sure what we are bringing yet -- we have several geese-- a really handsome affrican male goose -- if anyone is interested -- well I've jibbered on enough -- guess I'll go check on my does -- I have 3 ready to kid !!! Hope all is well in everyones part of the world ~~~ Tammy

Thanks hoppy ;)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  5. mountaintopsilkies

Nov 14, 2010
    MAINE
    BLOOP

6. sunflowerlady

sunflowerlady Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2012
    I've been waiting all winter for this day to come!!!! I'm so excited. And after reading what Tammy wrote about her goats I'm even more excited!!!!!!(thanks Tammy for making my night)
    I'm getting my first pair of 8 week old goats next weekend so I will be looking forward to see what you have!
    I don't know how I'm going to be able to go and not bring some lovely chickens home. Who says I can't bring any home!??!!!
    Can't wait to see everyone there!

7. mountaintopsilkies

Nov 14, 2010
    MAINE
    BLOOP!

8. PollyC

PollyC Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Hartford, Maine
    Would anyone be bringing LF hatching eggs to this swap? Does anyone have any to sell,

9. Gordonhillfarm

Gordonhillfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Maine
    I have Nigerians and pygmys -- we are also getting into larger dairy and meat goats -- my OH bought him self 2 FF Toggs and a couple of young boer bucks -- he hasn't decided yet which buck he'll use -- but plans on breeding the toggs in the fall with one of them -- the kids should make nice meat and or diary goats -- I wont be setting up tomorrow but will be on april 1st. -- Don't forget that is the weekend before Easter -- If you have bunnies or chicks or ducks --or any critter -- It would be a great time to bring them . I'm making up some baskets with Homemade soap :) I love Spring and all the many new things it brings .

My OH Dennis is selling a Trio of Royal Palm Turkeys proven breeders -- He is asking $75.00 for them the Tom and 1 hen is 2 years old - the other hen is a year old -- If interested give us a call 779-4770 -- if no answer just leave me a message one of us will call you back ~~~~

I'll stop in tomorrow to see how things are going -- Wishing everyone lots of great sales and a AWESOME day ~~~~~ Tammy

By the way Sunflowerlady what breed of goats are you getting ? What are your plans are they milk - meat - or family pets ? ( by the way what a really awesome user name ) ~~~ Tammy

10. TayFray!

TayFray! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Vienna, Maine
    Wow, I really wanted to go but I just found out about this today! I dont know if I will be able to make it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by