tractor supply

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by minifarmerct, Mar 26, 2011.

1. minifarmerct

minifarmerct Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2011
    Today I went to our local tractor supply in Enfield Ct and noticed a couple chicks with
    pasty butts so I asked a worker about it and she immediately took one of them and said
    she would go wash it off right then and there. Thought a good report was in order after hearing
    all the negative reports before

2. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Thanks for letting us know, good news is always good to hear.

3. kevin2010

kevin2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    tucker wv
    my wife got a couple of chicks the other day from our tractor supply it might have been yesterday but we got twelve their are nine left 3 of them looked a little sick when she got them home and they died they told her what the breeds are and i looked at them a little closer and they dont look like the breeds she was told they were... later i will post pics and ask for help..

4. minifarmerct

minifarmerct Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2011
    sorry for your bad luck. They had cornish and white leghorns

5. countryangel3182

countryangel3182 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2010
    Berlin, NY
    My local tractor supply store (Bennington Vermont) said they where not having any luck with there latest shipment of leghorns. they sure did not look good. :-( poor things.

6. quinkerton

quinkerton Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2009
    North Bennington
    Hey Countryangel, I am from Bennington, VT!!!

7. hunterblu123

hunterblu123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    SW Ohio
    My local TSC store is very helpful with the chicks and they always look good. They drive to Mt. Healthy and get the chicks. Now the last time I went to Orschelns all of their chicks had pasty butts with died chicks in the pen. So sad b/c I wanted some polish and they had some.

8. IndylawPaul

IndylawPaul Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2011
    I saw Pasty butt chicks at Tractor Supply, but the girl who cares for them was standing right there, and although she seamed overwhelmed by the task, she really did look after them, and I saw her clean some butts while I was there. A greater concern to me was the few weekolds who were flying from brooder to brooder. Who knows what you'll get?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  9. spotstealer

spotstealer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Poynette, WI
    I had a similar situation here at the Portage, WI TSC. The lady obviously knew chicks and took care of her right away.

10. SassyKat6181

SassyKat6181 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Western Mass
    Hey neighbor! I got 4 Mallards and 6 Red pullets from the Enfield, Ct store. They are pretty nice there and somewhat knowledgeable. I was upset about being told to give the ducks medicated feed and find out that was bad, but I should've known better before my spontaneous cute duckie purchase.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by