Tractor Supply's chicks?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ebonykawai, Jan 21, 2008.

1. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

Sorry, not sure if this is the right place for this question. Does anyone know how Tractor Supply (or other stores) put out their chicks? Do they have the males and females separated or do you just get whatever?

2. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Our feed store orders pullets only. But of course the hatcheries that the feed store gets them from only claim a 95% accuracy on sexing. Which ever feed store you get them from, will tell you what they are putting out.

3. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    The chicks at our TSC are straight run and there is a minimum order, and there is not a big variety. I would rather order what i want.

4. ChickieDee

ChickieDee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    North Central PA
    I got 12 chicks from Tractor Supply. I was told they were hens. I got 6 hens and 6 roosters. What a nightmare. The roos got so aggresive and I had to get my Dad to do the deed. They are a mix. My local store wont carry chicks now. They said because of avian flu.

5. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    I see you are in NY, do you have a Country Max Supply? Ask them what they order?

6. Xtradust

Xtradust Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Orange, CA
    I tell my feed store exactly what kind of Bantam chicks I want.

Then, they order Standards for me.

[​IMG]

7. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Our Tractor Supply no longer carries chicks, you have to special order them and they're only straight run.

8. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Our TSC orders them from Ideal and ships them straight to you. They do have a variety of them to choose from. I would order directly though.

9. luvzmybabz

luvzmybabz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    My tractor supply aske dmy husband to have me write up a bid to hatch for easter well I didn't do it (moral thing, small bator, greedy me, not enough chickens to provide the #s they were talkking) so I would make sure where you TS gets their chicks first.

10. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL, OK, never mind, I'm just going to order from Meyer! Sheesh, I was hoping the local scene wouldn't be chaos but, well, what can you expect?

Is it wrong to want what I want when I want it?? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by