Tractor Suppy

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by hickerbillies, Jul 27, 2010.

1. hickerbillies

hickerbillies Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2008
    Salem
    We just recently moved from Missouri to West Virginia and Tractor Suppy seems to be the closest to us. However Ive never shopped there before & have no idea what brand of feed I should get for my chickens...... Any help would be great. My chickens (babies) are all a couple years old.
    I just want to get something that others have tried with good results and cost friendly.
    BYC has never let me down, the information that I have got from this site has been amazing!! So thank you in advance... [​IMG]

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Most TSC stores carry Purina brands - FlockRaiser is good. Then just provide crushed oyster shell free choice - the layers will take it as needed. (I put oyster shell in an empty tuna can nailed to an inside coop wall next to the feeder.)

3. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    Our TSC has Kent feed and had great luck but not with there dumor,just me

4. Boo-Boo's Mama

Boo-Boo's Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

I just started feeding their Purina Flock Raiser; offer oyster shell/crushed eggshells in a tuna can nailed near the feeder...the girls were hitting it pretty good yesterday. They are a bit spoiled...they hold out for BOSS first then get down to business and eat the FR.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  5. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    I got a few chicks of unknown variety from Tractor Supply which points out one of the problems: most working there, while they may be nice, aren't familiar with what they are selling. Aside form that it is a good, year around source of poultry and farm products. Our's carries Dumor BTW.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by