Tractors

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by BlakesFarm, Jan 16, 2011.

1. BlakesFarm

BlakesFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Upstate SC
    ...No not chicken tractors, actual tractors. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Care to show a picture of your tractor? Talk about your tractor?

Well, Heres mine:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My tractor is a 1725 ford "newholland". Its 2 wheel drive, I wish I would of gotten a 4wd now though [​IMG]. I think the engine hp is around 28, The year it was made was 1999. The picture was taken a few days ago when I was leveling a pad for a new guinea fowl coop.

More info on my tractor:
    TractorData.com Ford-New Holland 1725 tractor information

Feel free to share pictures of your tractor, or talk about them. [​IMG]

2. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    [​IMG]

3. BlakesFarm

Jan 6, 2011
    Upstate SC
    bump...

I know that there are other people that have tractors on this fourn! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Funny picture!

4. BlakesFarm

Jan 6, 2011
    Upstate SC
    Plow day:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trusty dog, Buck:
    [​IMG]

Close enough? ...I got in a tight spot, within 2 in of a stake.
    [​IMG]

Shadow:
    [​IMG]

5. Zinnia-Hen

Zinnia-Hen Live & Let Live

Jan 29, 2011
    I don't have one...[​IMG]

6. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    Among of my many interests tractors would be one of them. It should be, I grew up on one every summer growing up. Ive driven anything from a small John Deere H or Ford 5N all the way up to a 125 HP 4240 that we used for most of our hay baling etc, we also had a big 2940 as well. Both of those had cabs so it was always nice to drive them! There is nothing more peaceful to me than sitting on a tractor all day. Dad uses a brand new John Deere he bought a few years ago. Its a nice little tractor, probably about 70hp. Ive used it to plow and shred and thats all. I miss those days in the big tractor cutting hay out in the middle of nowhere....
    Blake what are you plowing with? Is that a trencher? Ive only ever plowed with chisels or big disks......never used any type of molboard plow because our soils arent that deep. I guess we could if we really wanted to but wow you would have to plow it another two or three times to get it back smooth again....
    Ahhh...tractors.......love that smell of diesel in the morning as you fill up and head out for another day in the field...

7. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    Cute tractor story...

Saturday, my 11 year old daughter had two friends over all day--a brother and sister.
    The young boy is her secret boyfriend I'm not supposed to know about. Daughter has
    been told "No boyfriends until you're 25!" under threat that I will have to dispose of the
    body somewhere.

So it's a secret she's hiding from me.

Kids came over, the girls were doing girly things. I ended up giving the boy his first driving
    lesson on my Kabota tractor. Nice day, he spent a couple of hours going nowhere. Had a
    good time going nowhere.

My wife thought it was hilariously funny that I was teaching this"secret boyfriend" how to
    drive.

After the driving lesson, we went to play in the woods.

--I'm making an effort to like the boy, before I have to kill him.--

8. lil'turkeymama

lil'turkeymama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    Alabama
    Nice little tractor.I think thats what we call a middle-buster.We use one like that to plow up taters.Our old tractor has done it all.From pulling logs to plowing and planting and harvesting.

[​IMG]

9. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    My Hubby's 'new' toy:
    [​IMG]

Me about 10 years ago at the Wichita Winter Nationals (got 1st place too! )
    [​IMG]

I have lots other tractor pictures, but now on here [​IMG] My dad collects tractors and we have been involved in tractor pulling since the late 1980's. Dad has a couple of new Deere's that he uses on the farm. We all share tractors and farm equipment. I don't get to tractor pull much anymore since I am the secretary and treasurer of our tractor pulling club==too much paperwork and not enough play time! lol. My hubby loves to pull though and it is a huge family affair.

10. cackydoodledoo

cackydoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA
    I have an old 40's Ford 9N. She is a little wore out and doesn't do near the job that our Bobcat does but I still like her. Will have to take a pic and post it later! My dad have quite a few old old John Deere's.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by