Trade Chicken sitting?? Is there a place we can start a list of areas?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by wendyrun, Mar 15, 2011.

1. wendyrun

wendyrun Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Or is this the wrong place to post??

I'm sure my dilemma is not unique. Leaving for a day or two - dogs going to pet sitter, and need someone to collect eggs and check on the girls.
    I've solved the problem this time (as before) by asking a friend who works nearby to stop and look in and I'm going to leave the coop open for a night.

Problem for us - kinda illegal in the neighborhood but legal for city, batty next door neighbor that I'm afraid to tell, and worried if I get a kid from the neighborhood that someone will get a bug up their butt when they find out and we'll lose our girls. I wish I could talk to the neighbors on other side who have a teenager - but if they are not receptive and decide to be jerks, they could turn us in.

I'd love to start a list somewhere that I can post the parts of my town I can cover for someone else. Anyone else think this might be useful??

I've got a long trip planned over the summer and we have almost decided to take dogs to dog sitter, and hire separate person to stay at the house while gone to watch the Fids and chickens. She didn't do too well over weekends with the dogs, chickens, and finches...but I don't want to leave my house empty that long if I just have someone pop in and out.

thoughts????

2. rmonge00

rmonge00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds like a great idea - I would be interested...

3. Rusty's Ranch

Rusty's Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    So Cal
  4. wendyrun

wendyrun Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    awe-some!!!!! shoulda known someone had already thunk this one up:lol:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by