Trade: My Crazy Eggs for your . . . .

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by alohachickens, Jan 19, 2008.

1. alohachickens

alohachickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Wanted to see if anyone here was interested in a trade! I have a crazy mix of chickens, including Exchequer Leghorns, Ameraucana, Silver Laced Cochins, etc.

I've successfully hatched chicks from these already, and put an ad for hatching eggs for sale on my local Craigslist. However, most folks who have called have told me they LOVED my ad - but didn't buy any eggs, LOL!

Here's the ad for you to see PICS!

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/grd/519109056.html

My boyfriend will be leaving town (so I'll be using less eggs) plus I just gave a dozen to his parents and mine, so it's a terrific time coming up next week for me to collect more for hatching. However, I have about 60 eggs in the 'bator already of my own! Would love to get some different kinds.

My "most wanted" list:

Blue Laced Red Wyandotte eggs (LOVE these!!!)
    Siver, Blue or Blue Wheaten Ameraucana (show quality??)
    Mille Fleur Bantam eggs (show quality?)
    Frizzle Bantams
    Speckled Sussex
    Mix of any of the above!
    (Esp. Mille Fleur or Frizzle x with a bigger roo.)

I'd be happy to trade for LESS of your "nice" show quality purebreds (six of yours for a dozen of mine, for example) if you feel that's more fair.

Let me know if you're interested, OK?

Thanks!

2. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Actually Cyn, those are the eggs she wants. [​IMG] Beautiful birds though. But, I'm kinda wanting the ones on your want list too. [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I saw that, Deniece! I was distracted by the snowstorm out my window I guess, LOL, so I just deleted my post. Hey, I want those, too!

4. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I have show quality mille fleur d'uccles but I don't really want to trade anything. Are your breeds separated? I can just sell you a dozen millies, my list is pretty long for waiting though. Let me know!!!

5. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Okay, I have MF d'Uccles, but the only eggs I have right now are already promised to someone else and my silly hen decided to stop laying. I can get back with you later, though [​IMG]

6. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I want every thing on your wanted list Peachick has Amerucanas but you might have to buy from her not trade.

Good luck in you quest I might get a bator for my birthday so we will see.

Good luck
    Henry

7. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I'll trade a barnyard mix for a barnyard mix. I have as hens speckled sussex(pure),cuckoo marans(culls from my breeding stock,could be pure or mixes),white leghorn(some pure,some mixes-not laying yet,but who knows when they will start).EEs,and a couple of straight mutts. My roos are cuckoo marans, Papa- my alpha roo,a buff orp/rir mix,white leghorn and one I'm not sure of and a few banty roos. I plan to set up a bater around Feb 1.Interested?
    Oh,I forgot that I have 2 speckled sussex roos,too.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  8. alohachickens

alohachickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hi Gina, (and everybody!)

Sorry, I kind of dropped off the board for a few days! Got distracted by the latest batch of eggs in the incubator, they started to pip on Friday, began hatching yesterday, and have been going all day!!

I have twelve new little fuzzies from these eggs, and it looks like another is going to open up any second! Yay!

Gina, I'd love to trade with you. I had to look up "Marans" but how cool, the dark eggs! Buff Orps are ardorable and I don't have any yellow in my flock, LOL. Love the blue eggs of the EE's, and of course. love those Speckled Sussex.

So bummed my Sussex Roo disappeared about a month ago, wahh!

I'll try to email you to set up more details. [​IMG]

Gina, I can get yours to you right around Feb. 1. But I think that still would leave an extra dozen to collect this week, if anyone is interested? The boyfriend left today, so everything starting tomorrow will be stored in the cool garage, (not in the fridge) for use as incubating eggs.

I understand if folks don't want to trade nice purebreds for crazy mutt chickies! LOL!!! But they're still cute! (looks at fluffy pile in incubator.) Lots of color variety, too, I'll try to post a pic of the new babies! Umm, soon as they all dry off.

Peeps7, GracefulBantams, do you have a website, or pix, (another post?) of your D'Uccle chickens?

Thanks!

9. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Here is the stock I got mine out of................

[​IMG]

I have a hen that came out of that pic and then I have pullets who will look like that in about 4 months. [​IMG]

10. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Over on the left side of the screen, under my name and location, there is a link for my website. I only have a picture of my rooster posted, though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by