traded 3 healthy birds for 3 unhealthy! NOT HAPPY!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by silkielover92, Jan 14, 2013.

1. silkielover92

silkielover92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    Eatonville Washington
    I traded two Japanese bantams and a Brahma for 3 seramas yesterday.. the gal caught them put,them in the carrier, and sent me on my merry little way. I was in the car looking at them thinking they don't look to good. So I took them to a dreams breeder and she was like uhhh here's a booster for them called B and we wormed them they have snotty noses, clogged nostrils, and all puffed up. So they are in a separate cage.. My question is I have sulfa tablets that has always helped my horses and everything else. If I make a mash and put just one tablet in there do you think that could help? I've never had a Sick bird before. Please help. Oh also I've put electrolytes in their water.

2. myfinefeatheredfriends

myfinefeatheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Ohio
    I don't know if the sulfa tablets would help but you could try Vet RX for poultry available at most farm stores. It sounds like a respiratory problem to me.

3. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    If it is respiratory I would use Tylan not Vet RX. 1/2 cc up to 5 days.

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Vet RX is not an antibiotic.

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Too much sulpha is dangerous. You could look up the proper dose for chickens here:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/72234998/Plumb-s-Veterinary-Drug-Handbook-Sixth-Edition

6. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  7. silkielover92

silkielover92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    Eatonville Washington
    Thank you all for your advice. Im taking them back to the serama breeder that helped me and she is gonna Keep them for me,and then healthy then e are going from there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by