1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Trading chickens in Indiana

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by digginchicks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. digginchicks

digginchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Sullivan, Indiana
    Is there anywhere in Indiana where chickens are traded or auctioned off?[​IMG]

2. horsechick

horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2007
    Eaton, Ohio
    Hi,
    Not really sure but someone posted this:
    Wolf Lake Swap- Indiana

in this area so you may want to google it and see what its about.
    I think there is another swap but I am drawing a blank, maybe someone will pop up and know.
    If I remember or find I'll get back with ya,
    Take care,
    Angela in Ohio

3. norm65

norm65 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 1, 2008
    Petersburg, ind.
    There is a large poultry and waterfowl and small animals auction at Dinky's auction house every friday night in Cannlburg, Ind. It is northeast of Washington, Ind. about 15 miles. Norman

4. ChickenCop

ChickenCop Chillin' With My Peeps

You beat me to it, Norman...lol....Also I go out to Mitchell just south of Bloomington on Monday evenings in the spring-fall....poultry sale starts 6pm

5. norm65

Dec 1, 2008
    Petersburg, ind.
    I also go to Mitchell in the spring and summer. Do you sell your cochins? Norman

6. mommychicken08

mommychicken08 New Egg

Jan 28, 2009
    There is an auction on Thursday nights at Strawtown. Its north of Noblesville. The chickens start around 7pm. They sell hoof stock first.

7. digginchicks

digginchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Sullivan, Indiana
    are the chikcens at dinkies any good looking i have always wanted to go there but didnt thing it was for chickens i thought it was just like pigs and cattle

8. norm65

Dec 1, 2008
    Petersburg, ind.
    I go to Dinkys every friday night unless the weather is bad like this weekend. I have gotten some really good deals there. Yes, they sell chickens and every breed of waterfowl and pheasants and quail you cant hink of. Really a busy place. Right now they don't have as many birds for sale as they will have when springs arrives. Then they will have loads and loads of birds.You will be glad if you go. NOrman

9. ChickenCop

ChickenCop Chillin' With My Peeps

I have been thinking about "making the trip" to Dinky's....Any idea how much drive time that is from Mitchell? Takes me just little over an hour from my place to Mitchell.

10. norm65

Dec 1, 2008
    Petersburg, ind.
    It is about an hours drive from Mitchell. Norman

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by