1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

trading pets in local stores

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by yellowblack, Mar 31, 2016.

1. yellowblack

yellowblack Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2016
    I dont plan on having a gp anymore. Just chicks. Ive traded a quail for two chicks before with a local petstore salesmale. What do you think? So would Guinea pig and set of supplies, could be traded for how many amount chicks?[​IMG][​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    As many as the store owner will give. I'd hold out for a minimum of 3.

3. yellowblack

Feb 10, 2016
    Oh chicks here are sold at full price for 5-6 dollars in the sgv. Some are even cheaper elsewhere must be boys. But considering the guinea pig is bought at full price like $29.99 or less and the food is so expensive but used. Added up u say I get a minimum o three? Or idk what... I don't think it will be traded will it?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  4. yellowblack

Feb 10, 2016
    Wait sorry I forgot to ask. Is it minium of three including everything or just the pig lol. Or something included thanks! I must plan ahead!!

5. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I'd just talk to the store manager or owner and see what they are willing to do.

6. yellowblack

Feb 10, 2016
    Ok I say possibly 5 that I like :) cus theres 1-one bag of hay + 1-one bag of bedding + 1-one bag of pebbles all used but not used badly. AND the *guinea pig. Do you think five is too overboard or too less hm? Oh I could include the water bottler too

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by