Trail ride in Arkansas.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by FarmGirl01, Feb 18, 2009.

1. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I just want to share with everyone the wonderful weekend I had. We took our mules to a overnight trail ride in the hills of Arkansas. We were just west of Hot Springs. We spent the night at a ranch and went riding the next day. It was about 6 hours in the saddle. The animals really enjoyed getting out.
    The woods are just wonderful this time of year. You can see for miles. All of the creeks were full of water. The trails were nice and not to rocky. Lots of up and downs. We rested a few times and had lunch. The trails were not marked very well. Thank goodness we had a GPS. [​IMG]
    I can't wait to find our next place. Maybe we will go to Oklahoma.

2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    What a fantastic, peaceful way to spend a weekend. [​IMG]

3. petchickenlover

petchickenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    that sounds like it would be fun [​IMG]

4. Slightly Cracked

Slightly Cracked Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    N.E Oklahoma
    Try Lonesome D close to Russleville or Mac's Pines in Dover or Cedar Lake in Heavner Ok or Robber'sCave in OK

All great trails, Mac's has cabins and the rest are camping but have water,electric and shower houses.

Nice mules!!!

5. bluetickokie

bluetickokie New Egg

Feb 18, 2009
    Oklahoma
    nice looking mules, i guess there are a few mule riders out there. i like to ride my mule when i get the chance have fun an be safe

6. FarmGirl01

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Thanks everyone. I wrote down the places that were suggested. Dover sounds real nice. Thank-you so much for the names. I'm ready to go again.

7. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

Where in Hot Springs did you go?

8. FarmGirl01

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    We went to a place called Bar 50 Guest Ranch. They have a real nice place. Lots of places to rent...cabins, bunkhouse, rv and campsite. You can bring your own horse or take a guided trail ride. They even have a resturant. I bet its very pretty in the summer.

9. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

Yes, that is a great place to ride.
    There is also a place in Jessieville called Bear Creek. It has all kinds of horse trails. Really nice - we camp and ride there often. [​IMG]

10. FarmGirl01

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I will look that one up too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by