Trailer windows?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Zahboo, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Someone on Craigslist had a post they were stripping their trailer and have free windows, doors, drywall, wood, screen, bricks and more. I was wondering what ideas you can think of. Be creative! I'm thinking of something like erin's cochin duplex.

2. chicken_angler

chicken_angler Coop Constructist

Jun 23, 2008
    a house
    Are the Trailer windows oval shaped? Do they have hand cranks on them? If they do, get them! I got two of them for my coop. They might be from a horse trailer but im pretty sure they're from a trailer. I put them on opposite sides of the coop so I can crank them open and let the breeze blow through. They had a spot to put screening on them so I got some and it cost less than $21 dollars in all. The windows were $1.50 each at a flea market!

Good luck!!

Cody!!

3. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I haven't gotten any yet. He sent pictures of them and there are about 30 windows.

Some are like in the pretty french doors, square pane that has wood that divides into 6 squares. There are the hemicircle that goes over windows. I wasn't able to go tonight, hope they are still there!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by