train

jhandha

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 10, 2014
hi guys.i have this young pigeon which is very afraid of me every time i attempt to hold her and feed her she just go away from me..plz help me how can i train her to be close to me

hi guys.i have this young pigeon which is very afraid of me every time i attempt to hold her and feed her she just go away from me..plz help me how can i train her to be close to me
I would suggest feeding unsalted shelled peanuts by hand as a treat only.
Works for me and my homers who are know to be aloof as a rule.

Id ration its feed to half of us standard cup a day starting, for each bird in cage. use plain wild bird seed. Make a sound only heard when you feed, staying and making sound as bird eats and should finish feed, ideally in ten min. if feed still uneaten each day, cut ration in half to gourth cup, then if training done proper n not working, cut in half once more only. they won't starve week usually takes to train, as pigeon very smart (with exception of some show or only caged bird lines, that can be too stupid to find feeder and waterers etc), and cats dogs rabbits etc feral same as pigeons but found not as smart, are tamed as easy and quickly, or they go hungry for day (with excpeption of some weasel and all cats that can have organ shut down starting from only one day of no food.). I've done much rescue and trained/tamed many animals a lot could or would not, because they hadn't understood how basic brain of animals work. do not do with sick/thin animals. if it is not hungry enough to come to your foot at least at first, and you arecalm and still as are all around you (dogs etc even), bird not hungry enough. bird will learn into after week slowly you are not threat that you are feed and life. ifbird toostupid after month,something seriously wrong with it or something scaring it. seen kit boxes were birds freaked every time seen shadow of owners come to feed, then one day owner gets out to early.
find animal attacking through window. Pred being dispatched, birds settlein n rear young to adults finally n no longer freak breaking eggs etc when owners come to feed. some birds bad lines made accidentally aggressI've or flighty.

Back
Top Bottom