Training Sunny not to mate?

Pet Duck Boy

Songster
10 Years
Dec 12, 2009
Orlando, FL
It's getting VERY annoying now. It stops her from eating, walking, bathing, everything! Everytime I go near her she flattens out comepletly. I'll sit and stare at her for 30 minutes and she'll hold her ground...she won't move. It's also making me feel bad. I'm looking for a mate for her right now, I've been offered a runner drake but that won't come till fall. Is there any way to curb this behavior? I can't find anyone around my area that has a drake for sale...and if someone does, it's going to be a farm duck, or not tame at all. I still want to pet Sunny/snoogle her all the time but now she expects me to climb on top of her everytime I touch her! Now what?

ConchRepublic is sending you a PM regarding a Pekin drake we are trying to get a good home for.

I just think it's natural for all Ducks to do "the mating call"....Hopefully having a drake might stop Sunny from wanting you to be her mate LOL!

Just lightly tug on the feathers at the back of her head. Then go get that drake from Shadowhills
big_smile.png

Just lightly tug on the feathers at the back of her head. Then go get that drake from Shadowhills

LOL We will be in his area next Saturday, so we're trying to coordinate it so we can give him Squirt, our drake
smile.png

Quote:
Yes, he had a fungal infection (not sure what it was, so we treated for both bumblefoot and a fungal infection), it wasn't bad and we caught it early and it healed up. I will go back outside later and check his foot again for you.

ETA: That we treated for both bumble and fungal infection.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, he had bumblefoot, it wasn't bad and we caught it early and it healed up. I will go back outside later and check his foot again for you.

It wasn't bumblefoot, just a fungal infection of some kind. It should be cleared up though.

Back
Top Bottom