1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Transfer from incubator to broody

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by smcdermott, Apr 1, 2016.

1. smcdermott

smcdermott Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2014
    Central Fl
    Soooooooo, my new incubator stopped holding temperature. ON DAY 7 So trying to save my $40 worth of eggs, I ran them out and stuck them under my broody hen that I was just fixing to try and break.
    I am so worried that I was too late and they are ruined.
    I checked all of them before the hen and plan on checking them again in 4 or 5 days.
    What do you think?

2. BigWeenMachine

BigWeenMachine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2015
    I'll bet most of em are fine. What kind of incubator did you have??? I just had a brand new farm innovators bator that worked perfect until day 7 and then it went haywire. Up and down, up and down. Temps were goin from 95-106. Got a used Lyon incubator to switch all my eggs into and it works awesome. Out of 27 eggs I had in there, 17 still have healthy looking ducklings inside. I am 2 days before locking down on 6 of them, and 9 days before locking the rest down so I guess we'll see how many hatch. Hopefully that cruddy farm innovator bator didn't damage any more chicks that may die before now and hatching day......

3. BigWeenMachine

May 6, 2015
    O, btw, my eggs were stuck in that bator for two days with the temps going up and down on them before I was able to get them in the Lyon bator if that gives you a time frame of how much stress those eggs went through. If your temp was just having trouble staying high enough then your eggs may fare better than mine. High temp is way worse than low temp and I'm betting that's what killed most of mine......

1 person likes this.
  4. smcdermott

Dec 9, 2014
    Central Fl
    Thanks soooo much

5. smcdermott

Dec 9, 2014
    Central Fl
  6. BigWeenMachine