1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Translation, please...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Digeena, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Digeena

Digeena New Egg

Mar 16, 2012
    CT
    Update... Well, sadly, my dear sweet Louise died yesterday. I did take her to our local extension for necrospy. The findings were Egg Coelomitis with Hydrosalpinx and Focal Pulmonary Congestion and Edema. They are running a culture over the weekend to see if she had salmonella. What does this mean in layman's terms?

Her only companion died exactly a month ago, but I didn't know to get a necropsy.

They were NHR, don't know how old. We got them last spring; they were already laying and seemed happy and healthy. Louise went downhill as soon as Cutie died. The Pathologist didn't seem to think there might be any connection, but it just seems strange that they should die within one month of each other.

Any thoughts from chicken lovers more experienced than me?

Thanks,
    Regina

2. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    She was an internal layer. She also had a lot of fluid build up inside her lungs and body.
    I am sorry for your loss.

3. Digeena

Digeena New Egg

Mar 16, 2012
    CT
    Thank you...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by