Transparent chick poop??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by pegicat9, Nov 13, 2016.

1. pegicat9

pegicat9 Just Hatched

Feb 5, 2016
    I have 11 new chicks and they are all running everywhere but their is one chick that all of a sudden started acting differently . They are all females (supposedly) about a week old. The chick i am speaking about is an ameraucana , she started hiding away in the corner and staying their , she is not running around or sleeping with the others , she's only standing and she does not sit or lie down to sleep like chicks do . I jus saw her poop and it was all clear and was kind of watery/mucusy? She seems to be in a state of depression, what is wrong with her and is their something I should do?

2. Sony57

Sony57 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2014
    Based on your description I immediately suspect Coccidiosis. I am not a vet by any means, but lethargy and mucus in droppings are very common signs. Plus, this is an extremely common issue in chickens including backyard chickens.

You can treat with corid, found at tractor supply co.

3. pegicat9

pegicat9 Just Hatched

Feb 5, 2016
    Thank you , though it's a mucus texture and does not have mucus in it , I will see if I can buy some tomorow if the chick is still with me :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by