Transportation

Diane H

Songster
May 15, 2020
Hello peacock tenders!
I am going to be getting a peacock about five years old. And I’d like your suggestions on how best to transport him. It’s not a long drive, maybe 45 minutes. But he’s a big boy. Any suggestions?
I don’t know what kind of box or crate to put him in so that he’ll be comfortable and not damage his feathers. Thanks so much!
Diane

Hello peacock tenders!
I am going to be getting a peacock about five years old. And I’d like your suggestions on how best to transport him. It’s not a long drive, maybe 45 minutes. But he’s a big boy. Any suggestions?
I don’t know what kind of box or crate to put him in so that he’ll be comfortable and not damage his feathers. Thanks so much!
Diane
Is your car big? You could put some tarp down and put the seats up in the car so he doesn’t damage his feathers.

Is your car big? You could put some tarp down and put the seats up in the car so he doesn’t damage his feathers.
I was thinking of that. I have an SUV. Not anything huge but I thought I could sit in the back with him while my husband drove. According to his owner he’s in the meeting season now I guess? And he’s actually quite affectionate.
So I could perhaps hold him and just keep him from getting too rambunctious. It would be long enough to accommodate his train.

I was thinking of that. I have an SUV. Not anything huge but I thought I could sit in the back with him while my husband drove. According to his owner he’s in the meeting season now I guess? And he’s actually quite affectionate.
So I could perhaps hold him and just keep him from getting too rambunctious. It would be long enough to accommodate his train.
That should work!

That plan will work. Keep a towel in your lap and hold his legs straight back and hold his wings so they do not flap. Maybe wrap a towel around his body.
Thank you!
Any other words of advice on Peacock-keeping???

Back
Top Bottom