Transportation

dgermanshepherd

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 9, 2013
Manheim, PA
What would be the best way to transport mandarin ducks? they would be riding in the van; so no worries of wind. I have wooden poultry crates, plastic dog crates, cardboard boxes. What would you recommend? This is my first time transporting birds. its a 5hour drive as well. I read to give them lettuce in the boxes to nibble at for nourishment?

Transporting 2 breeding pairs and 8 babies.

thanks!!! Soon to be mom to some mandarins!!!

What would be the best way to transport mandarin ducks? they would be riding in the van; so no worries of wind. I have wooden poultry crates, plastic dog crates, cardboard boxes. What would you recommend? This is my first time transporting birds. its a 5hour drive as well. I read to give them lettuce in the boxes to nibble at for nourishment?

Transporting 2 breeding pairs and 8 babies.

thanks!!! Soon to be mom to some mandarins!!!
any of those will work but it your going to use shaving In what ever you decide you might want to consider boxes, when I sold some of my chickens I transported them in heavy duty boxes with windows cut out of both sides then I used some of the plastic hardware cloth and some gorilla tape and made covers for the windows and sliced grapes work well too added to the lettuce. Using the boxes I didn't have shaving all over the place, when I used dog crates in transporting the shaving came out the door. never used poultry crates before.

Back
Top Bottom