Trap Drinker?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by chicken-keeper, May 8, 2009.

1. chicken-keeper

chicken-keeper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    UK
    I have just had this delivered

[​IMG]

just set up,

The ball plug/valve

[​IMG]

dose this go as tight on as possible, have tried it this way and the water drips out and dosent go above a certain level in the red dish.,..... also have tried the ball valve loose and filled the tank and water just kept flooding out ! No instructions were given........

Advice needed......

1 last thing,,,,,,, if i give the chickens the same amount of volumve of water what they have been drinking out of a dish, and put it into the tank, is it ok if water if left in the tank over night, then to just pour in fresh water into the tank the next day with some old water left in there? Or is it better draining the old water of and start afresh each day with new water?

thanks

sorry for the length of the question !

[​IMG]

2. slightlyscrambled

slightlyscrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Nebraska
    I dont know anything about it but it looks neat. Where did you get it?[​IMG]

3. flopshot

flopshot Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    "dose this go as tight on as possible, have tried it this way and the water drips out and dosent go above a certain level in the red dish.,....."

that's what you want. the water in the container cannot drain as there is no way for air to enter creating a vacuum in the bottle. the plug needs to be tight enough to prevent air from entering the bottle. as the level drops in the red dish the air will be able to enter the bottle and release more water untill the level reaches the point of discharge when the air is once again blocked off. it works like a bottled water dispenser or any other container type waterer.

4. chicken-keeper

May 5, 2009
    UK
    Quote:Got it from ebay for £30 including postage........

Quote:Losened it slightly it now trickles and stop when the water reaches a certain level, thanks now its up and running and the chickens have fresh water all the time !!!! [​IMG]

5. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    yeah, that's really cool-lookin'

6. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    That is really neat, I don't see anything listed under Trap Drinker on Ebay. What was the name they called it or the sellers name so I could look into getting one!
    Thanks!

7. chicken-keeper

May 5, 2009
    UK
    it was ebay.uk

heres the link......

click here

if you live in the america, let me know and i will look tomorrow and post back here withing around 14 hours from now at where youc an get them from...........

8. K-Chick

K-Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    NW In
    I'm in America. Can we get one here? And I would just add water everyday or when needed. I wouldn't empyt it everyday.

9. chicken-keeper

May 5, 2009
    UK
    this site is a uk site but they might post abroad try contacting them./........

click here

10. cherig22

cherig22 Green Fields Farm

Sep 2, 2008
    SW Missouri
    With my waterers, I let them run out, and then wash them. The object is to not have to fuss with waterers, to give you more time to play with the chickens! [​IMG]

Cheri

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by